Back, Bi's and Blue Wing Olives

Blue Wing Bodies falling from the Jaws of life as of late. With this virus poop I'm not sure if i should be tying for run off or worse yet the Caddis of summer. I guess tying for the next few weeks lets me keep a hopeful spin on things as I build an army of BWO hard bodies. Quills, Biots and even thread bodies can be delicate unless you reinforce them with some UV cure like Solarez.


 Stripped Peacock Quill
2.0 Black Bead
#18 TMC 100
CDL for tail and future legs


Stripped Peacock Quill with shuck


Future BWO Softhackles
#20 TMC 2487


Split Floro Fiber tails
#18 TMC 2487
Tan thread with Mahogany Micro tube rib


#18 TMC 2487
Tan thread with Mahogany Micro tube rib
CDL tails and legs


I get a few questions about UV cure epoxies. I have been using Solarez for a couple of years now after messing with a few of the others out on the market. This stuff cures hard and clear unlike some of the others which can get cloudy or crack off. I hit them quick with a "torch" at the bench then they go out side to sit in the sun before I mess with the rest of the fly. Taking the bugs outside is one extra step but it makes a big difference in the long run. Window sills inside wont work unless you open the window.


 I throw some Olive colored tube bodies at them as well but most of the BWO's I deal with are perfectly matched by that stripped quill. 

Crank out a couple of push ups in between sets of Blue Wing bodies so them rowing muscles are ready when this crap passes.

Fishing is ape shit crazy.

Filling Fly Orders. Email me to get some goods.
bobstreb@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment