Mr Redd Wrecker and My Monthly Product Review

Management has always had a legitimate gripe with my lack of sales prowess and rightly so. Unless you wet yourself over something you used while putting up with me for the day, I am not going to bring up all the exciting new product that you have to streak back to the shop and buy. It could be that I don't enjoy that type of thing so I think three times about doing it to you. But in an effort to keep the giant standing I have promised at least a review and helpful tip this month.


My Simms Boots have finally died.

Guides are incredibly hard on stuff but we all just keep trying to find that bullet proof, guide resistant silver lining product we have pride in. Persistent bunch. To the point....
Simms makes quality junk 
I have destroyed every wading boot on the market while still spending the busiest 3 months of my season floating in sandals. The uppers gave out before the soles on almost every pair of boots I have retired EXCEPT for these Simms. For what it's worth I can't seem to destroy my waders, rain jacket or sling pack either and they all say Simms on them.
The only failing grade these boots get involve the shoelaces, but it would seem that no manufacturer has a handle on the challenge of tying wading boots. 
This leads me to my tip of the month: Replace your laces with Hockey Skate Laces. 
Credit Mr Alex Forsberg (the fishing guide). I have half a mind to put them on my new boots right out of the box just to see how long they will actually last. Leave it to the game of hockey to teach others that there is always a stronger, tougher solution.


Lots of people love and respect our home water and we will always notice when people are taking advantage of her. If you are unethical you can not hide.

Hey Mr REDD WRECKER, or should I say DBAG, 
I am terribly sorry you took your chance to learn something this week like a pussy. A few of us just wanted you to know it is not cool to rip spawners from their business and if you do this crap in plain site on our river somebody is going to say something. More than one of us did.
If you have actually "been fishing this river for 25 years" we assume you knew exactly what you were doing so shame on you.
You guys are very observant though. You managed to remember what I was driving so you could secretly go to the put in and let the air out of my clients passenger side tires while we were on our float. 
Ignorant Cowards you are says Yoda. 
Heres your next problem you butcher, We know what you were driving also. That is one gorgeous white truck, with sweet aftermarket monster tires with bro rims to match. The rod rack, lack of stickers on said vehicle and your Blue Native Colorado License plate are dead give away's and it only makes it easier to describe to the whole entire valley.

My blood pressure says thats all I got,
Carry On   

1 comment:

  1. Bummer on the river and tire issue. To quote one of my favorite lines from a movie: "I don't hate people, I just like it better when they're not around."

    Another crossover tip: Kold Kutter studs for riding motorcycles/ATVs on ice are a great alternative for wading boot studs. You can get a bag of 250 on Amazon for under $20 (Kold Kutter Pro Series Snowmobile Track and ATV Tire Traction Screws - 3/8in. Length - 0.190in.). They've worked great for me.

    ReplyDelete