New Water Policy for 2017 !!!
Every single one of you who leave half empty water bottles in my boat or truck this year will be forced to finish it before we part ways.
But there will no longer be bottled water served on my guided trips. This little drink toss game ( I toss you a bottled water and you toss half down and leave the rest) has to end. I just can't be part of the problem anymore and I hope all of you understand and if you don't here are some of the facts.
*Bottles used to package water take over 1,000 years to bio-degrade and if incinerated, they produce toxic fumes. It is estimated that over 80% of all single-use water bottles used in the U.S. simply become litter.
*Recycling is only feasible in limited circumstances because only PET bottles can be recycled. All other bottles are discarded. Only 1 out of 5 bottles are sent to the recycle bin
*U.S. landfills contain over 2 million tons of discarded water bottles alone
*It takes over 1.5 million barrels of oil to meet the demand of U.S. water bottle manufacturing
*It is estimated that 3 liters of water is used to package 1 liter of bottled water
*Bottled water is not safer than tap water. In fact, more than half of all bottled water comes from the tap.
*Bottled water can cost up to $8 per gallon, compared to fractions of a penny from your tap. That makes bottled water thousands of times more expensive than tap water.
* Tap water is tested more frequently than bottled water. In fact, in the United States, our drinking water is continuously monitored and treated according to federal standards. If local tap water is unsafe then water companies are obligated, under federal law, to notify the public.
As with anything else there are going to be a right and a left to this decision. Some people might think I am cutting costs and maybe messing with their health and to they I say.....
* Don't like my new water policy? You can bring your own along
* You people trust me with your lives every day I put you in that boat. I hope you can trust me to clean those re-usable bottles and provide quality drinking water.
* I like most of you. I love my family. The water for both comes from the same tap.
* Minturn tap water is simply delicious.
Lets all do a little more this year to save water and reduce our personal carbon footprint.
Carry On, just don't carry a bottled water.